It’s that time of year when I am seeing fresh cranberries in the grocery store. This is an old recipe I got 20 plus years ago. I had forgotten how delicious it is until I recently made it again. It makes great holiday gifts!
This post contains affiliate links for your convenience. You will not pay more and I make a small commission.
I lightened up the recipe to make it healthier, and easier as I discovered. I substituted shortening that had to be cut in with oil that makes it super easy. I didn’t even sift the dry ingredients, but just dumped them all in and mixed. Super easy!
First, I got out my old Sunbeam mixer that has been around for 20 plus years. I added the liquid ingredients, (egg, oil, orange juice) and then mixed in the grated orange peel, sugar and flour.
I used some fresh cranberries which need chopping. I used my Black and Decker Handy Chopper which I have had for about 10-15 years and it comes in so handy. I use it for anything small so I don’t have to pull out my big food processor. It’s great for making bread crumbs, chopping onions and green peppers, apples, nuts, and anything small like that.
Lastly, I mixed in the cranberries (I omitted the nuts) and poured into some muffin tins and small loaf pans. Don’t forget to use Baker’s Joy so the bread doesn’t stick to the loaf pans or muffin tins.
The recipe made 6 muffins and 3 mini loaves. The nutritional analysis is for 1 muffin when making 18 muffins.
- 2 cups flour
- 2 cups sugar
- ¼ cup oil
- 1 teaspoon grated orange peel
- ¾ cup orange juice
- 1 egg
- 1 cup cranberries, chopped
- ½ cup chopped nuts (optional)
- In mixer, add egg, juice, oil, and orange peel.
- Mix and add flour, sugar, and cranberries and nuts just to moisten. Don't overmix.
- Put into greased muffin tins or mini loaves and bake at 350 for 20-25 minutes until brown and cooked through.
- May use large loaf pan and cook for approximately 60 minutes.