My son gave me a trifle bowl for Christmas. I was trying to come up with something for a Mardi Gras party and was trying to come up with something with some green. This dessert would also be great for a St Patrick’s Day event. This was easy to make other than whipping the cream and melting the marshmallows took a few minutes.
First, bake a box of brownies that makes a 9 x 13 pan. I love my brownie pan from Bed Bath and Beyond that cuts the brownies while they bake!
Combine the marshmallows and milk and heat until melted. Be careful to heat the marshmallows on low heat or they will burn. After they cool a bit stir in the Creme de Menthe and fold in with the whipped cream. You could probably cheat and use Cool Whip.
Break the brownies into 1 inch pieces. Layer the brownies with the Creme de Menthe mixture, repeating 3 times.
I topped mine with some whipped cream and chocolate chunks. You can also drizzle with chocolate syrup.
- 1 box 9x13 brownie mix
- 3 cups marshmallows
- ½ cup milk
- 1½ cups heavy whipping cream (can substitute Cool Whip)
- ¼ cup Creme de Menthe
- Garnish with mint leaves, mini chocolate chips, canned whipping cream
- Bake brownies according to box instructions.
- Over low heat, melt marshmallows in the milk.
- Let cool and add creme de menthe.
- Whip heavy cream until stiff peaks form.
- Fold whipped cream into the marshmallow mix.
- Break brownie into 1 inch pieces and layer brownies with creme de menthe.
- Garnish with whipping cream, mini chocolate chips, and a sprig of mint.