This is a quick, easy, and healthy recipe I make frequently for lunch. You don’t have to be exact with the ingredients, I just throw a handful of each thing in the pan! If it’s just me for lunch, I will pull out a handful of spinach and add about 5 shrimp to make a serving for one.
I’ve substituted spinach for kale at times and can’t tell a difference. You can add extra things like onions or garlic, and garnish with some avocados.
I keep a bag of rice that I have made ahead and frozen so when I make a single serving for lunch, I just break off some of the rice and heat it in the microwave. Super fast and easy!
The secret ingredient is the (affiliate link provided for your convenience) Mrs Dash Fiesta Lime seasoning. I love MrsDash products because they are salt free. I use this all the time on shrimp and chicken. Recently I ran out and could not find it anywhere! I finally found some at Target and bought 6 containers just in case I can’t find some next time! That’s how much I love it and I’m not being paid by Mrs Dash at all!
I saute some spinach or kale and put a lid on it for about 3-5 minutes til soggy and cooked some.
- 1 package frozen kale or spinach
- 1 pound shrimp, peeled
- 2-4 Ttbsp Mrs Dash Fiesta Lime seasoning or more to taste
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- Tomato, chopped
- Avocado, sliced
- 1 cup rice
- ½ cup Velveeta Quesa Blanco cheese
- Cook rice according to package instructions.
- Heat oil in large pan and add the spinach to saute, about 3-5 mintues.
- Add the shrimp and seasoning.
- Cook shrimp, stirring occasionally, til done, about 2-3 minutes.
- Add cheese on top, along with tomatoes and avocados.
- Cook 2-3 minutes, just til cheese is melted.
- Stir cheese in to mix.
- Serve over rice and enjoy!