I’m loving my InstaPot! I could have easily made these Loaded Mashed Potatoes in a pot on the stove, but it is so nice to put them in the InstaPot or pressure cooker and not have to worry about them boiling over. (I tend to make messes and burn things frequently!) If you don’t have an InstaPot, feel free to boil the potatoes on the stove pot. Or do yourself a favor and buy one!
To make them healthier, I use a lower fat cream cheese and 1% or skim milk and I limit the amounts of butter, cheeses, and bacon bits.
These are great for taking to a gathering. I made them today along with some Green Beans in a Bale for someone who had a death in the family. I made enough for our family for dinner also and they were awesome!
Interested in an awesome InstaPot cookbook? Here’s one I love! Master the Electric Pressure Cooker Cookbook by Tidbits.
Here’s how to make these Loaded Potatoes. Just dice potatoes into 1 or 2 inch pieces. Peel if you desire.
Add to InstaPot or stovetop pot and cover with water. I cooked for 20 minutes on high pressure but I think it could be done in a less time. My Instapot booklet says diced potatoes cook for 9-11 minutes.
Drain the water, add the butter and cream cheese and it will begin melting due to the heat of the potatoes. Add in some salt and pepper to taste, and enough milk to make the consistency you like. Blend with a mixer.
Top with cheese, green onions, and bacon bits. Bake a few minutes just to melt the cheese and enjoy!
- 8-10 red potatoes
- 3 Tbsp butter
- ½ block low or non-fat cream cheese
- 1 cup milk, or more or less depending on consistency you like
- ½ packet real bacon bits
- ½ cup shredded cheddar cheese, low fat
- 2 green onions, chopped
- Cut potatoes into 1 inch cubes. (Peel if desired.)
- Cover with water in InstaPot and cook on High for 15 minutes.
- Use quick release.
- Drain water.
- Add butter and cream cheese.
- Mash potatoes with a spoon gently to melt the cream cheese and butter.
- Add salt and pepper to taste and milk and use hand mixer to cream/mix potatoes.
- Add more milk depending on consistency desired.
- Top with cheddar cheese, bacon bits, and green onions. Put top on InstaPot to melt cheese or bake or broil a few minutes to melt. Serve and enjoy!