Peanut butter and bananas go great together and is a go to snack in our house. I thought I’d try making my own pistachio butter and try it out on a banana. It was great! These Pistachio Butter Banana Boats are great for snacks since they have a healthy balance of protein, fat, and carbs, plus you can put them in a lunchbox and they stay fresh in the peel! Plus they are just fun for kids!
I received free samples of Wonderful Pistachios mentioned in this post. By posting this recipe I am entering a recipe contest sponsored by Wonderful Pistachios and am eligible to win prizes associated with the contest. I was not compensated for my time.
- 4 bananas
- 1 cup Wonderful pistachios, shelled
- 2 Tbsp Greek yogurt
- 2Tbsp honey, optional
- ½ Tsp or less of candy sprinkles
- Slice bananas in peel, not cutting all the way through.
- Add Wonderful pistachios to blender and blend until smooth. If it does not stick together, add Greek yogurt.
- Add honey and blend if desired for extra sweetness.
- Spread 1-2 Tbsp Wonderful pistachio butter to banana.
- Sprinkle with candy sprinkles if desired.