It’s that time of year to be thinking about gifts. If you know a mom with a child with diabetes, known as a T1D Mom, here’s some great ideas from other moms. Moms of kids with diabetes are usually exhausted and a surprise gift would be a nice pick me up.
I asked other T1D Moms what they would enjoy for gifts. These are great ideas if you know a mom who just joined the T1D club. (It’s the club none of us wanted to join!) Plus, great gift ideas for any T1D Mom! The theme of all the ideas was how tired they were and wanted a break!
Many, if not most moms of kids with diabetes, are exhausted from the constant stress of dealing with blood sugars, the sleepless nights, having to be a “nurse, doctor, and more” for her child, and all the rest that goes with caring for a child with diabetes. Coffee is the first on many lists!
Coffee, Starbuck’s cards, and cute mugs were on several lists when I asked other moms of T1D’s for a gift suggestion list.
Here’s a list of other items they all suggested:
- Gift basket with spa day stuff
- Spa day gift card, this was mentioned multiple times, hint hint:)
- Babysitter and a day away!
- Movie tickets and a babysitter
- Homemade sugar scrubs, nail polish, and other pampering day essentials
- A label maker or gift card to a label making store (thought that was a great idea!)
- Journal, pretty pen, in a nice basket.
- Old movies for when they are staying up late at night to re-check blood sugars
- Cute t-shirts or sweatshirts about diabetes
- Cute decals about type 1 diabetes for awareness
- List of local and national support groups, including Facebook groups (see the Resource page for ideas)
- A promise to learn to care for their child and vouchers for overnight care for a night away
- A headlamp or small flashlight for those middle of the night blood sugar checks
- Night cream LOL, for those undereye circles from lack of sleep!
- A cute bag for holding all the extra gear
- and the best one on the list…. a CURE!
I love all these ideas! The majority of items had to do with self-care. Moms of T1D’s put their child first and rarely take time to take care of themselves.
This post contains affiliate links. When you purchase through the links provided, I get a small referral fee to support this blog. See my affiliates disclosure for more details.
The best “gift” I bought myself this year was an espresso machine. I’m not even that into drinking espresso at the moment because I’m loving chai tea! I absolutely love how I can heat and froth the milk with this machine for my hot tea. Everyone who comes over LOVES this machine! So worth the money!
Be sure and sign up for Ebates before you order anything online! I’ve gotten lots of cash back. Whenever I’m on a site to order online, Ebates pops up a box to click and it will add points/money to your account. Every bit adds up!
Here’s the Chai Tea I get. I love it! It’s the same as what they have at Starbucks yet 1/4 of the cost!
Cute Mugs for Type 1 Moms
Click on mugs to go to Amazon link
Cute and Cozy T-shirts/Sweatshirts
I love wearing a t-shirt that helps brings awareness to diabetes.
Plus when another mom with a child with diabetes sees you, there’s an automatic connection you make together!
Click on each t-shirt to go to link!
Cute Zazzle t-shirt!
I hope this post gives you some ideas from real moms with kids with diabetes. Some of these items would make a newly diagnosed mom’s day. Spread the cheer! And be sure to include in your gift a list of support groups, blogs, and other resources!